Environmental Remediation Services & Solutions to Fast-Track Your Project
At AOTC, we’re problem-solvers. That’s why our environmental remediation services are the best in the business. We proactively and cost-effectively deliver innovative solutions to expedite your project. Extensively experienced in soil remediation, we can design and implement technologies such as ozone, air sparging, bio-treatment, SVE, HRC, ORC, and Oxy-Cat chemical oxidation. The breadth of the methods used in our remediation services ensures your project is a success.
Addressing environmental issues can be time-consuming. When we take on a job, we are efficient but never cut corners. We take an aggressive approach with regulators and collecting screening-level data. The speed and accuracy we demonstrate set you up to exceed project time expectations, resulting in cost savings and peace of mind.
What Is Environmental Remediation?
Environmental remediation is the process that may be used specifically to allow for redevelopment of a brownfield site or as a general environmental and human health protection. Through remediation, contaminants and pollution are removed from surface water, groundwater, sediment, soil, or other environmental media.
As a legal term, environmental remediation meets at least one of two conditions:
- It is required for a landowner to avoid environmental lawsuits; or
- It is mandatory to comply with environmental law. Regulations typically control and guide remediation protocols and procedures. For jurisdictions and situations in which standards are merely recommended or in which there are no standards, ecological and health risk evaluations can reveal the needed environmental remediation services.
Our Environmental Remediation Services
AOTC offers a wide range of environmental remediation services to help accelerate your project. Here are some ways we can help your business right now:
- Contamination Assessment
- Phase I, II, & III Assessments
- Multimedia Sampling, Monitoring & Permitting
- Remedial Investigation
- Land Development
- 24-Hour Emergency Spill Response
- Hazardous & Industrial Waste Management
- Annual Stormwater Sampling (NPDES)
- Emergency Action/Preparedness Plans
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- On-site Environmental Audits and Program Development
Benefits Of Environmental Remediation
There are numerous benefits of remediation services. Three core ones are the following:
- Improve ecosystems. As the environment is brought back to a healthier state, the value for human use is boosted as well. Hydrological regulation is improved by runoff reduction. In turn, regrowth occurs, the land becomes more naturally appealing, and people can start to use the site for recreation or other purposes again.
- Improve human health. Our health can be deeply impacted by being exposed to pollution. If there are any hazardous substances within the air, water, or soil, the land is contaminated and could cause illness.
- Cleans up previously developed sites. When land has previously been developed, environmental remediation can upgrade the site’s environmental state. Remediation services reverse any negative impacts caused by previous landowners.
Types of Environmental Remediation Technologies/Techniques
The two basic classifications of remediation technologies are in-situ (treatment of the soil without removing it) and ex-situ (excavation and treatment at the surface).
A few of the most common technologies used as part of environmental remediation services are as follows:
- Pump and treat – You use a vacuum or submersible pump to remove contaminated groundwater from the earth. Then the groundwater is channeled through various compartments that have materials within them capable of adsorbing the contaminants (i.e., causing them to collect on the surface).
- Dredging/excavation – You can dredge if you are dealing with a body of water and silty clays at the bottom. Excavation may simply mean that you are excavating it and taking it to a landfill that is certified to handle it. However, it can also involve aeration, biostimulation, and bioaugmentation.
- Soil vapor extraction/multi-phase extraction – Soil vapor extraction (SVE) works well to remediate soil. When groundwater is being remediated simultaneously, multi-phase extraction (MPE) is often used with it. After vapors and air are removed from the subsurface by vacuum, off-gas volatile organic compounds (VOCs) must be treated – and these two approaches (SVE/MPE) complement each other well.
- Solidification/stabilization – To reduce or stop contaminant mobility, the reaction between soil and a binder is central to stabilization/solidification (S/S). Both of these techniques involve introducing reagents. In solidification, these materials trap contaminants within a solid block; in stabilization, they create a more chemically stable environment.
Fast-Track Your Schedule Today!
Want to learn more about our environmental remediation services? AOTC can save you time and money on your projects. Fill out the form on this page to learn how.